..... here are my last two Naturally Gorgeous designs (for now!)
Hello again everyone
I'm happy to say I'm feeling a little better today and would like to thank Mel for her get well wishes - very much appreciated xx
I've been busy in my craft room all morning, starting to make my Christmas cards - of which I need lots - but have taken a bit of a break to have a huge mug of tea and to write this post. You see, even when I'm mega busy I'm still thinking about all of my bloggy buddies!
So, here are the last two Naturally Gorgeous designs which I made recently for Craftwork Cards, and I hope you like them.
When I saw the new Naturally Gorgeous kit, I new straight away that I wanted to do a long gold dress, off the shoulder. So, I popped along to a local shop which sells fabrics and looked in the remnants bins, like you do! I was delighted to find this dark gold fabric in there. The photo doesn't do it justice really because in real life it has a lovely sheen to it, very opulent. Anyway, I started off by inking the chipboard card blank all over with Black Soot Distress Ink, which in itself looks a bit velvety. Next I painted the chipboard mannequin with Metallic Pewter Chalk Acrylic Paint. I cut my dress shape and, once the mannequin was dry (which didn't take very long) I fixed it in place. I decided to decorate it with some tiny ric rac which I just happened to have in a co-ordinating colour - how I managed that I have no idea! I fixed a flower to the waistband and another low down on the card. The flowers have amber rhinestone centres. I coloured one of the chipboard tickets with my gold metallic Letraset marker and once that was dry, stamped on the word "Fabulous" at an angle. I fixed the dressed mannequin and sentiment in place and finished with six pieces of Candi, again in a co-ordinating colour.
Now this one was one of those where I sort of had a design in my head but I wasn't at all sure how it would work out in practice! So, first I covered the front of the chipboard card blank with some fabric which is deep red with a fab black pattern on it, again from a remnant found in my local fabric shop! I then inked this around the edges using Black Soot Distress Ink. Next I painted my chipboard mannequin using Snowflake white Chalk Acrylic Paint and then added a coat of metallic glaze to give it a slightly less crisp and more sparkly appearance. Once this was dry I added some rhinestones in black and red. Next I took a piece of beautiful Nottingham Lace (found in mother-in-law's ottaman recently) and fixed it across the front of the card, then added the black organza ribbon in the centre of this. Then I made my flowers incorporating a couple of snowflakes to lift the red and black a bit and fixed them in place. I added Candi along the black ribbon and a gold foil on red sentiment which reads "Season's Greetings". I added glitter to the Candi for extra sparkle. Now, originally the white lace had a scalloped edge on both sides, and so it was quite a bit wider, and when I looked at the design in its entirety I felt it was unbalanced because of the thickness of the lace strip. So I decided to cut off the scallops, just leaving the lace with straight edges, which I think works much better. And, waste not want not, I used one of the pieces of scalloped edges to make the scarf for around the mannequin's neck, which really finished it perfectly for me.
So there you go, two more beautiful designs to provide you with inspiration. I hope you like them and as always, please leave a comment as I love to receive them and read every single one.
I'll be back in a few days to show you my first Christmas cards, but in the meantime, take care.
Love from me xx