Would you like a translation?

Followers

by Julie Brooks

Polite notice. All designs are copyright protected. I hope you will be inspired by my designs but please do not copy them. Thank you.

Monday, 10 June 2013

New home 2nd instalment

Morning everyone

I hope you all had a great weekend?

Today I'm sharing more New Home cards which I made recently.

This first one uses a stamp by Little Claire Designs which I coloured using some fine liners and some Promarkers. I added glossy accents to the hearts, used a gold metallic Promarker for the ribbons and used Stickles to make the little doves sparkle.


I used a couple of pretty little blossom flowers from Ribbon Girl, along with some grosgrain ribbon around the panel. The sentiment is by Penny Black.

This next one uses one of my favourite stamps. It's by Penny Black and is called "All You Need". I love the heart blossoms on these branches and there are so many uses for this stamp! I've lost count of the number of different card designs I've used it on!


So, I stamped the blossom branches and added some little crystal hearts here and there. I used a bird cage die by Poppystamps Inc and die cut the cage from a paper from a pack by Paper Cellar, and I used a Craftwork Cards template to draw two little birds and cut these from another section of the same paper. Lots of Stickles for sparkle and the sentiment is by Little Claire Designs.


Finally for today, this card which uses a Tim Holtz On the Edge die called Townscape. I bought this about a year ago and hadn't used it, but knew I would eventually! I kept it simple and used kraft card for the background, brown raffia, and highlighted with a big yellow button for the sun and coloured one of the houses yellow using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. I've chosen this style because it lends itself to a more masculine "new home" card - after all, it's not just girlies and lovey dovey couples who move house you know, men do too! It's turned out to have a bit of an eerie, Halloween feel to it, and has given me a few ideas for some Halloween projects later this year! I think it's cool, but what do you think?

The sentiment, again, is from a set by Little Claire Designs.


Well, that's it from me for today. I hope you like these cards and would love you to leave me a comment.

I'll be back soon with some wedding cards!

Bye for now,
love from me xx

1 comment:

Kath said...

Beautiful cards Julie xxx