Would you like a translation?


by Julie Brooks

Polite notice. All designs are copyright protected. I hope you will be inspired by my designs but please do not copy them. Thank you.

Monday, 11 July 2016

Still scrumptious!

Good evening everyone, I hope you are all well and that you had a lovely crafty weekend.

I'd like to share the rest of my makes from playing with the Scrumptious papers, Candi and Stamps and First Edition Flowers die set, and various other products. I hope you like them and that they inspire you to get creative! I've added a list at the end of this article of all the products you can buy at our shop at www.beebaabcraftingsupplies.co.uk. We have a fabulous range of products for you to choose from. If you would like to come and take a look and spend some of your hard-earned pennies with us, open an account with us and then you can use code BDB1 in the coupon section to be given 15% off your order! This offer is valid until 31st August 2016. PLUS, we offer free postage on all orders over £30 (UK only)!

So, I made a couple of simple cards. On the first one I created a kind of ombre effect with three shades of Distress Ink, blending and adding more ink to build the shades until I was happy with it.

I then added a strip of paper from the paper pad, from which I had previously die-cut some flowers so I had the "negative" flower shapes left, added a further narrow strip from another sheet.

I finished my "negative" flowers with Candi and then stamped some wording on the right. I added a few sequins to finish the card.

The second card was very simple. I cut paper from another sheet in the paper pad and affixed it to my card base, then added some lace down the left hand side. I had a piece of corrugated card which I felt was perfect for adding texture and dimension so I gave that a rough coat of white acrylic paint and then swiped it several times with one of the distress inks to add a hint of pink. I die cut some flowers and layered them up, with a Candi centre, stamped a sentiment and cut this out and inked around the edges,

I affixed the flower and sentiment to the piece of corrugated card and affixed that to the base card using strong double-sided tape. I added a very narrow strip of paper towards the bottom of the corrugated section. And there you have another pretty card, which was very easy to make.

I then moved on to a simple home decor project. I'd had a "LOVE" photo holder in my cupboard for ages - picked it up very cheaply from Aldi or Lidl - and I decided to give it a simple makeover by covering the letters with papers from the paper pad.

The letters were already painted white so the only other thing I did was trace around them, cut my papers to fit, glue them down, and then ink around all the edges and sides using Pumice Stone Distress Ink to give it a slightly aged appearance.

That was it, no embellishments, nothing added at all, because I think it's lovely just as it is. You could really go to town on this if you wished, with lace, flowers, butterflies, and all kinds of other embellishments.

Lastly, another little project which is both pretty and useful! I had some circles of plywood which I'd scrounged from my local MDF supplier some time ago and I'd never got round to doing anything with them. So I decided to turn them into something useful.

First off, I gave them a coat of white acrylic paint on one side and all around the "edges". You can still see the rough texture of the wood but that's ok as you'll see in a little while.

Next I glued the unpainted sides onto the reverse of some of the sheets from the paper pad and cut around the shapes. These were sheets which I'd already taken pieces out of for the other projects - waste not want not!

Then I began the task of sticking them together to form ..... a pot! I used strong acrylic glue for this and it dries pretty quickly and is, as its name suggests, STRONG!

Now I just needed to decorate it so I die-cut lots of flowers, shaped and layered them up and fixed them in place, coloured some chipboard butterflies using my coloured pencils, and affixed Candi in the centres of the flowers and around all of the "edges" and around the top of the base.

And here it is with some of my pens and bits in .... and I think it looks lovely - don't you?

So there you go, some lovely projects made using just a few products. I do hope you like all my makes!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon with some more "how to use" ideas.

Julie x

The following products can all be purchased from our shop at www.beebaabcraftingsupplies.co.uk:

  • DecoArt White Acrylic Paint
  • First Edition Flowers die set
  • Craftwork Cards Scrumptious Paper Pad, Candi and Clear Stamp set
  • strong double sided tape
  • foam squares
DON'T FORGET - if you open an account with us and place an order before 31st August, you can use code BDB1 and get 15% off your order, plus all orders over £30 qualify for free postage (UK only - if you are from outside the UK and would like to place an order with us, please contact us first for postage details).

See you soon!